1st Day: Arrival at Palermo
After arriving at Palermo airport, you will have the possibility of being escorted with one of our tour associates by private bus to the city center. Here, you will have a break for lunch. In the afternoon, with a local guide, you will explore the city centre, specifically the Cathedral of Monreale (entrance fee not included), which is considered one of the greatest extant monuments of Norman architecture and mosaic design. In the evening, you will be transferred back to your 4 star hotel located in Palermo.
2nd Day: Milazzo/Lipari
After having breakfast and checking-out of the hotel, you will travel to Milazzo by bus and continue on to Lipari by boat. Once you have reached your new accommodation in Lipari, there will be some time to settle in before having lunch. In the afternoon, your guide will show you around Lipari, the main Island of the Aeolian Archipelago. As you will discover, the island is divided into 4 areas: Acquacalda, Canneto, Pianoconte e Quattropani, in which all 4 areas can be reached by one principal road. One of the most important attractions on the Island, besides the breathtaking landscape and beautiful beaches, is the Archaeological Museum (entrance included). The museum’s astounding collection spans from the prehistorical age to modern time. In the evening, you will be returned to your hotel for dinner.
3rd Day: Lipari/Vulcano
After breakfast at the hotel, you will leave by boat for the volcanic island of Vulcano. Here, you will have the option of choosing one of the following 3 different day activities: climbing the volcano, enjoying a mud bath, or tanning on the beach (entrance fee not included). With a local guide you will explore this mysterious island, one that has remained uninhabited for many years because of its constant volcanic emissions. The port and the isthmus of Vulcancello are among the most striking and peculiar landscapes seen in the Mediterranean. At midday, we will break for lunch. In the afternoon, you will be given a panoramic tour of Lipari’s Faraglioni and the Angel’s grotto. Again in the evening, you will be returned to the hotel.
4th Day: Lipari/Salina
After breakfast at the hotel, we will travel by private boat for Salina, a small island famous for its caper production. With your guide, you will admire the panoramic bay of Pollara (made popular by its appearance in the movie, Il Postino). We will stop at Rinella, a fisherman’s village. After, there will be a break for lunch. We will transfer to Stromboli in the afternoon, where dinner and an overnight stay in a 3 star accommodation will await you.
5th Day: Stromboli
After breakfast at the hotel, you will meet with a local guide for a tour of Stromboli. You will see the San Vincenzo Ferreri Church, Ficogrande, and other interesting sites before reaching the tour’s pinnacle sight: the crater of the volcano. Lunch will be had in a restaurant in the island’s center followed by a free afternoon.
In the evening, you will be returned to the hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
6th Day: Stromboli/Milazzo
Following breakfast, you will depart by boat for Milazzo. You will have free time for lunch before your bus transfer to Palermo airport wherein our services end.
Optional 7th Day:
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred by bus to Taormina. With a guide, you will explore this mediaeval town, beginning with the Palace Vittorio Emanuele, and continuing on to Corsara Palace (entrance not included). After, we will visit the Greek Theatre where you can take in its stunning seaside view and finally, we will finish by the Dome along Corso Umberto. In the evening, you will be returned to the hotel for dinner. The following day, after breakfast, you will be transferred to Palermo’s airport wherein our services end.
- full board starting with lunch on the 1st day; ending with breakfast on the 6th day
- 3 and 4 star accommodations with private services (hotel ratings based on Italian standards)
- bus service to scheduled sites (including parking, city entrance taxes and driver expenses)
- half day guided tour of Palermo (max 03 hours) on day 01
- transfer by boat from Milazzo to Lipari on day 02
- transfer of the luggage from Milazzo to Lipari on day 02
- half day guided tour of Lipari (max 03hours) on day 02
- entrance to Lipari’s Archaeological Museum on day 02
- minibus for a tour of the island on day 02
- transfer by private boat from Lipari to Vulcano on day 03
- half day guided tour of Vulcano (max 03 hours) on day 03
- transfer by private boat from Lipari to Salina and to Stromboli on day 04
- transfer of the luggage from Lipari to Stromboli on day 04
- whole day guided tour of Salina (max 06 hours) on day 04
- whole day guided tour of Stromboli (max 06 hours) on day 05
- transfer by boat from Stromboli to Milazzo on day 06
- transfer of the luggage from Stromboli to Milazzo on day 06
- a personalized booklet with all relevant information necessary for your trip
- our assistance throughout the whole stay
- all other services specified in the above program
- entry fees to the sites
- city tax to pay directly on spot
- all services not specified in the above program