1st Day: Alba
Arrival at Alba or its surroundings (southern part of Piemonte region) and accommodation in a typical farm. Welcome drink with the owners. In the morning visit of a family-owned business company based in Alba, the world capital of the white truffle. The company produces typical truffle products and the Truffle Specialities from the Langhe Region. Tradition and innovation are their key words and combined together, allow the company to offer Gourmet Products, appreciated all over the World. The visit is made up of two parts: the guided visit to the kitchens and the production area, where hand-made pasta, sauces, condiments are prepared and where the truffles selection takes place; then you will visit the chocolate atelier, where you will see the chocolate production. The second part of the visit is dedicated to a guided tasting of the company’s specialties in the Show Room. Lunch prepared with local products, the so-called “Merenda Sinoira”, all offered with a glass of local red wine (Dolcetto d’Alba or Nebbiolo d’Alba).
In the afternoon a very exciting experience awaits truffle enthusiasts. A truffle hunter (an expert guide), accompanied by his dog, will lead the group into the woods to seek out the precious underground mushroom guided only by the dog’s sense of smell and the intuition he gained during years of experience (appropriate clothing is highly recommended, comfortable clothes and footwear). Return to the farm for dinner and overnight stay.
2nd Day: Alba / Cortemilia
After a light breakfast at the farm, together with your guide, you will explore the beautiful sights of Alba with its historical centre, its numerous medieval towers, its wonderful cathedral dedicated to St. Lorenzo, the church of San Giovanni with its marvellous paintings and frescoes and the old city hall. Free time to wander around and experience this wonderful town as well as its atmosphere.
In the afternoon you will proceed to a typical countryside sightseeing and then visit the first company in the world preparing nuts for chocolate delicacy. The various stages of production will be explained from hazelnuts’ shelling to roasting process. At the end of the tour, visitors will taste the famous hazelnut cake “Torta Nocciole”. Return to the farm, dinner and overnight stay.
3rd Day: Barolo
After a light breakfast at the farm, visit of a typical wine cellar, being Piemonte a region famous for its wine. Visit and local products tasting in the wineries of Langhe, Roero, Asti and Alessandria regions. In the afternoon you will take part in a new and particular activity called “WINE EMOTIONS”, during which you will be explained that wine is made of history, culture, traditions but also of sensations and emotions. You will discover all of these through a tasting game.
This is a new project, involving the new-found vocation of the Wine-Teller (Narratore del Vino): a new professional figure, in part sommelier, in part tour guide, in part historian, in part sensorial analysis expert. To become a Wine Teller you need to attend a 6 months special course and only then you will be ready to offer to visitors entertaining activities based on the “narration” of the wine. In the late afternoon return to the farm and departure. End of our services.
- half board treatment
- welcome drink on arrival
- guided visit of a typical farm (01 hour) visit to the Kitchens, Workshops + tasting of the
specialties in the Show Room on the 1st day
- typical lunch and an opportunity to taste “Merenda Sinoira” (lunch included)1st day
- truffle research activities (with guide and dog / 2 hours) on the 1st day
- half day guided tour of Alba (02 hours) on the 2nd day
- visit a nut shelling factory and taste the hazelnut cake “Torta Nocciola” 2nd day
- guided visit of a typical wine cellar with tasting wines and snacks on the 3rd day
- wine emotions tour (a tasting game with Wine-Tellers /about 2 hours) on 3rd day
- a personalized booklet with all relevant information necessary for your stay
- our assistance throughout the whole stay
- all services specified in the above program
- lunches (except lunch on 1st day)
- bus services according to the above program (parking included)
- eventually local tax charge to pay directly on spot
- all services not specified in the above program