1st day: Modena
Arrival in Bologna and transfer to Modena, one of the most famous and visited town of Italy. The commerce and agriculture assured its prosperity. Accommodation in a central 4 stars hotel, followed by dinner, and overnight stay.
2nd day: Modena / San Lazzaro di Savena and Nonantola
After breakfast depart from the hotel with a local guide to discover the wonderful city of Modena and its surroundings. We will discover the Piazza Roma and Palazzo Ducale (outside view). You will pass through “Via Aemilia” you will admire Torre Romantica Ghirlandina, the Piazza Grande with the Duomo Romanico, one of the most important monuments of the city, (it is not possible to visit the inside on Sunday) and the Communal Palace (outside view).
Continuation towards S.Lazzaro di Savena, a rich territory for agriculture… Here we will visit a land farm, where is produced healthy and genuine foods and where you will have the opportunity to see and learn all the processes of the hand made pasta. Then we will have the pleasure to lunch with typical products and the pasta you will have cooked during the course. After we will continue toward the small medieval town of Nonantola. There the local guide will show you the ancient Abbey and its various sculpture and art works. In the evening we will go back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
3rd day : Vignola and Maranello
After breakfast, the entire morning will be dedicated to discover “Vignola”. Its name comes from Latin language “the vineola”, (small wine), to indicate the cultivation of the screws, widely practiced in the roman age on alluvial soils of the Panaro. With our guide we will visit an enterprise of balsamic vinegar production.
Stop for light lunch. After we will go towards Maranello, well known all over the world for its Ferrari Gallery. This last, (entry fee and international guide included) is ideally divided into four areas , each capable of satisfying the expectations of fans and those passionate about classic cars. Here visitors will appreciate the Formula 1 exhibitions, technological innovations and photographic shows. Back to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
4th day : Bologna and Dozza
After breakfast, departure to Bologna. In the morning, guided tour of Bologna: we will stroll around this beautiful medieval town, so rich in monuments and palaces that has gained the nick name of “piccola Roma” (little Roma). We will visit Piazza Maggiore, considered as the heart of the city; the Palace of King Enzo (outside); the City-Hall Palace; the Neptune Fountain; the great Basilica of Saint Petronio and the “jury” of the Romanic art: the architectural complex of Saint Stefano. Direction towards Dozza and lunch in a typical land farm. In the afternoon we will visit a winery, where you will taste different, local wines… Back to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
5th day : Reggio Emilia and Valle d’Enza
Departure towards Reggio Emilia, symbol of the Italian gastronomy. In the morning tour guided of this marvellous city, with the Duomo, the Basilica of Saint Prospero in the main square, the Communal Palace and the Santuario della Madonna della Ghiara… We will proceed always with a local guide to Valle d’Enza.
You will discover Rossena Castle and its ruins. Stop for lunch. Afterwards we will continue to Montechiarugolo, where you will visit a ham factory and taste this delicious cold meat together with some good wines. Then we will continue to Salsomaggiore, famous thermal spot where take place a lot of international cultural events and expositions. Accommodation in a central 4 stars hotel in Salsomaggiore Terme, followed by dinner and overnight stay.
6th day : Parma and Fontanellato
Breakfast and departure to Parma, a city, rich in monuments and art masterpieces but especially famous for its agricultural and industrial activities. With a local guide you will discover the historic centre with the famous Piazza del Duomo, where we will admire the Duomo, the marvellous Baptistery and the Palazzo Ducale.
Stop for lunch. In the early afternoon we will continue to Fontanellato, important agricultural and industrial centre, situated near from the river Taro. Here you will discover the Rocca with its internal rooms, garden and the ground floor where the famous painter Parmigianino created one of his masterpieces… Then we will continue our way to a cheese factory in the area and taste delicious types of cheese. Free time and in the evening back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
7th day: Departure
After breakfast transfer to Bologna airport and end of our services.
- 4 stars hotel accommodation, rooms with private services (classification according to Italian standard)
- full board starting with dinner on the 1st day ending with breakfast on 7th day
- bus service according to the above program (parking included)
- full day guided tour of Modena and surroundings (06 hours totally) on the 2nd and 3rd day
- visit of pasta factory and pasta's course on the 2nd day
- visit of Ferrari Gallery (entry fees + internal guide included) on the 3rd day
- full day guided tour of Bologna and Dozza (06 hours total) on the 4th day
- visit of a winery and wine tasting on the 4th day
- full day guided tour of Reggio Emilia and Valle D’Enza (06 hours total) on the 5th day
- entry fee to Rossena Castle 5th day
- visit of ham factory and tasting on the 5th day
- full day guided tour of Parma and Fontanellato (06 hours total) on the 6th day
- visit of cheese factory and tasting on the 6th day
- entry fee to the Baptistery in Parma 6th day
- entry fee to the Rocca Sanvitale (full itinerary) 6th day
- a personalized booklet with all relevant information necessary for your stay
- our assistance throughout the whole stay
- all services specified in the above program
- entry fees to the sites
- all services not specified in the above program