1st day: Ventimiglia
Departure early in the morning for Italy. Guided tour of Ventimiglia, nicknamed “the Occidental door of Italy”. You will stroll through the city centre and admire the wonderful Cathedrale dell’Assunta (entrance not included), built around the XII century on the ruins of an antique temple. Inside is kept some precious artwork. You will also discover the San Michele church (XII century) built on an chapel of 10th century. One of the most beautiful place you will see is the Villa Hanbury’s botanical garden, where a lot of exotic species are looked after by Genoa University. Break for lunch in Dolceacqua. In the evening, prosecution of the travel toward Viareggio and accommodation in a 3* hotel. Dinner and night.
2nd Day: La Spezia
After breakfast at the hotel, departure to La Spezia. In the late morning, departure to Monterosso by private boat. Break for lunch and in the afternoon guided tour of this city built at the top cliff. You will then reach Manarola where start La Via dell’Amore (entrance included) which will lead you to Rio Maggiore . This stunning promenade will let you discover breathtaking landscape with only the sound of waves to disturb you. In order to let you enjoy the view, the journey will be done by miniature railway until La Spezia. In the late afternoon, return by boat to La Spezia. Then you will finish the trip by bus until Viareggio. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel. already
03° Day: Santa Margherita Ligure/Portofino
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be drove to Santa Margherita Ligure. Guided tour of its mains monuments: Santa Margherita d’Antiochia Basilica, built at the XVII century in medieval style and which preserves some local artwork; Cervara Abbey, registered as national monument, rise on Dolphin Coast that joins Santa Margherita Ligure to Portofino. Once in Portofino break for lunch. In the afternoon, you will visit with a local guide this town which was already famous in Roman times for its natural beauty and its perfect climat. You will also admire the Santa Maria Assunta (entrance not included) in gothic style and which houses some really valuable artworks. Finally, if you have the time, you will also have a look to the wonderful San Fruttoio Abbay.
Trip back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
04° Day: Viareggio/Departure
After the breakfast, departure by bus to Vintimiglia. Break to make the last purchase. Then departure to France.
End of our services.
- full board starting with dinner on the 1st day and ending with breakfast on the 4h day
- accommodation in 3 stars hotel in the surrounding of Viareggio (Italian classification, bedroom with private bathroom)
- half day guided tour of Vintimille (max 03hrs) day 01
- full day guided tour of Cinque Terre (max 06hrs) day 02
- entry fees to Via dell’Amore to Manarola le jour 02
- boat A/R from Rio Maggiore to Monterossoand for La Spezia day 03
- boat A/R from Santa Margherita Ligure to Portofino day 03
- half day guided tour of Santa Margherita Ligure (max 03hrs) day 03
- a personalized booklet containing all the relevant information for your stay
- our services throughout the whole stay
- all the services specified in the above program
- lunch of day 04
- entrance to the monuments indicated (except if contrary mentioned)
- city tax to be paid ton the spot
- all services not specified in the above program