1st Day: Palermo
Arrival in Palermo and accommodation in hotel centrally located or in the surrounding area. Palermo is a cultural and economic centre between the Mediterranean Sea and Europe. For this reason it has been in the past, a city of Greek, Phoenician, Byzantine, Roman, Arab and Norman Conquest. As a result of this, the city is adorned with monuments in many styles such as the Dom, the Church of San Giovanni, the Palazzo dei Normanni, the Cappella Palatina and the Sanctuary of St. Rosalia. Guided sightseeing tour of the city by night. Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
2nd Day: Segesta / Marsala
Breakfast and departure for the ancient city of Segesta, famous for Mount Barbaro and for its extraordinary archaeological sites. We continue on to medieval Erice, a town that rises up to the top of Mount San Giuliano (571 mts.high) and a place of exceptional beauty. We arrive in Marsala, one of the main Sicilian places of interest, due to its impressive historical monuments and beautiful landscape.
You can visit the enchanting centre, viewing the Museum with the “Punic” ship and the Venere Callipige dating back to Roman times. We move on to Porta Garibaldi where you can take a fascinating stroll around the Jewish district. Wine tasting and light lunch in a typical local winery.
We travel through Sicily discovering its most famous wines, such as the Nero d’Avola, the Grillo, the world-renowned Marsala, the Moscato of Pantelleria and the Malvasia of Sicilia. The cooking course takes place in a villa, which has recently been restored and converted into a charming and exclusive hotel, surrounded by palm and olive trees and vineyards. During the course you will learn to prepare and cook typical local dishes and later, enjoy the fruits of your labour with a leisurely dinner. Overnight stay.
3rd Day: Agrigento / Piazza Armerina / Acireale
Breakfast and departure for Agrigento. Agrigento’s historical centre is renowned for Victoria Boulevard; a wide boulevard shaded by ficus trees where you can admire, from afar, the Valley of Temples and the 16th century St. Calogero Church. We will then visit the Valley of Temples, and continue on toArmerina Square. Lunch in a typical local restaurant and guided tour of the Villa del Casale, a Roman villa famous for its wonderful polychromatic mosaics. We continue on to Acirealewhere we will have dinner and overnight stay in a selected hotel.
4th Day: Etna / Taormina
Breakfast and departure with a guide for Mt. Etna, the highest volcano in Europe and one of the most famous in the world, whose presence is announced by a constantly visible plume of smoke. Lunch at a typical farm and visit. We continue on to Taormina, an area known for its mild climate and rich vegetation.
Taormina is famous both for its landscape, the Baia of Mazzaro and Isola Bella being two of its most beautiful areas, and also for its archaeological and historical sites such as the Cathedral of St. Nicolo, the church of San Pancrazio, Palazzo Corvaglia, the Badia Vecchia and the Greek Theatre. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
5th Day: Syracuse
Breakfast and departure for Syracuse a city built by the Greeks. Guided visit to the archaeological site and historical centre. Possibility of a visit to the celebrated Papyrus Museum which previously housed a small private collection but is now an extensive museum due to recent acquisitions.
Lunch in a typical restaurant. In the afternoon, on the return journey from Acireale, we will visit a confectionary factory where you can assist in the preparation of famous Sicilian cakes such as the cassata, the cannolo and almond pastry. Dinner in a typical restaurant near Acireale with local fish menu. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
6th Day: Cefalù / Palermo
Breakfast and departure for Cefalù. Stop for free time to explore this picturesque town, rising from the foot of a large mountain. Cefalù belongs to the famous Parco of the Madonie – an important naturalistic and historical centre. Its rhythm of life is certainly unique and it maintains its ancient charm with local rural traditions. Lunch on a typical farm then continue on toPalermo. Dinner and overnight stay.
7th Day: Palermo
Breakfast and transfer to airport. End of our services.
- full board starting with dinner on 1st day and ending with breakfast on the 7th day with gourmet lunches
- 4 stars hotel accommodation or charming reconverted farmhouses - room with private services (classification of hotel according to the Italian standard)
- tour escort service for the whole tour
- guided tour, by night, of Palermo (3 hours) on the 1st day
- visit to a winery, wine tasting and light lunch in Marsala on the 2nd day
- half day guided tour of Agrigento (2 hours) on the 3rd day
- half day guided tour of Piazza Armerina (1 hour and half - max 2 hours) on the 3rd day
- full day guided tour of Mt. Etna and Taormina (6 hours) on the 4th day
- visit to a farm in the surroundings of Taromina on the 4th day
- half day guided tour of Siracuse (2 hours) on the 5th day
- visit to a confectionary factory in Acireale on the 5th day
- a personalized booklet with all relevant information necessary for your stay
- our assistance throughout the whole stay
- all services specified in the above program
- entry fees to the sites
- bus services according to the above program (parking included) - see the supplement
- all services not specified in the above program
Agrigento The Valley of Temples
Piazza Armerina Villa del Casale
Syracuse Archaeological site
Taormina Greek Theatre