1st Day: Genoa / Palermo
Arrival at the port of Genoa to board ‘Grandi Navi Veloci’, a cruise ship that will take us all the way to Palermo. Dinner on board. Overnight accommodation in a two bed inner cabin.
2nd Day: Full day cruise to Palermo
A full day cruise to Palermo including breakfast and lunch on board. You can relax on the solarium bridge or use the swimming pool as well as many of the other facilities available on board. In the late afternoon arrival in Palermo where you will meet your tour escort who will assist you for the entire stay. Accommodation, dinner and overnight in hotel located in the city or immediate surroundings.
3rd Day: Selinunte/ Agrigento
After breakfast depart for Selinunte and guided tour of its archaeological site. Lunch. Continue on through Sciacca and finally arrival in Agrigento. In Agrigento guided tour of the ‘Valley of the Temples’, one of the most fascinating archaeological site. In the evening, accommodation in hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
4th Day: Syracuse
After breakfast depart for an excursion to Syracuse, a beautiful city, Greek in origin and birthplace of the famous mathematic Archimedes. Lunch. In the afternoon, visit of the archaeological site complete with Roman amphitheatre and the biggest Greek theatre in Sicily. Continue on with a visit to the ancient part of the town and the island of Ortega with its many palaces, Baroque in style. In the evening continue on to Taormina. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel in the surroundings.
5th Day: Etna / Taormina
After breakfast depart for Mount Etna, the biggest and most famous volcano in Europe. We will drive up Mount Etna (1900 metres). Those who wish to go even higher to view the crater can do so via cable car (2.500 metres). For those who do not wish to travel by cable car, a jeep is also available. Lunch on the volcano. In the afternoon our tour will continue on to Taormina. Together with the tour guide you will see the main sites of this small medieval city such as Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, Palazzo Corvara, and the wonderful Greek theatre, which will take your breath away with its wonderful architecture. We will walk through Corso Umberto, the main road in the town passing the cathedral along the way. Back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
6th Day: Cefalù / Palermo
After breakfast depart for Palermo. Stop for lunch in Cefalù, a picturesque coastal village. We will then reach Palermo, the capital of Sicily. The tour guide will show us the treasures of this beautiful town: the Cathedral, the church of Saint John, the Norman Palace and the Palatine Chapel. Check in at the hotel centrally located or nearby. Dinner and overnight stay.
7th Day: Palermo / Genoa
After breakfast the guided tour of the city will continue. We will visit the square in the historical city centre and the Norman Cathedral of Monreale, a masterpiece that houses mosaics from the 12th century. Back to the hotel for lunch and free afternoon to stroll around Palermo on your own -the Archaeological Museum or the Regional Gallery of Sicily are particularly worthy of a visit. Dinner in a restaurant and return to Genoa by boat. Dinner and overnight accommodation in two bed inner cabin.
8th Day: Return to Genoa
Breakfast on board. Full day cruise to relax. Lunch on board. Arrival in Genoa, disembarkation procedures and end of our services.
- full board starting with dinner on the 1st day and ending with lunch on the 8th day
- 3 star hotel accommodations; room with private services
- boat (round trip) from Genoa to Palermo with the company Grandi Navi Veloci in a two berth inner cabin
- meals on board for 1st , 2nd and 8th day (including breakfast on the 2nd and the 8th)
- tour escort for the whole trip (from the 2nd to the 7th day included
- half day guided tour of Selinunte (max 2 hours) on day 03
- half day guided tour of Agrigento (2 hours) on day 03
- half day guided tour of Syracuse (3 hours)on day 04
- full day guided tour of Mount Etna and Taormina (6 hours in total) on the 5th day
- half day guided tour of Palermo (3 hours) on day 06 and 07
- a personalized booklet with all relevant information necessary for your stay
- our assistance throughout the whole stay
- all services specified in the above program
- entry fees to the sites
- city tax to be paid directly on spot
- all services not specified in the above program
This tour is also available to groups arriving by flight or train, including a local bus service.