1st Day: Arrive in Jesolo
In the evening, arrival at a hotel located in the region of Venice, either Lido di Jesolo or Sottomarina according to availability. Dinner and overnight stay.
2nd Day: Venice
After breakfast, depart for Venice. Private boat transfer from Punta Sabbioni to Saint Mark Square. Guided tour of this historical city. The first stop will be the remarkable Saint Mark Square where you can admire the basilica, the official church of the Serenissima, known as the Golden Church. Nearby you can also view the Renaissance Clock Tower and the Bell Tower, from the top of which you can enjoy a panoramic view of the city. We will also visit the famous ‘Bridge of Sighs’, a covered 17th century passage leading to the city’s prisons, and is so named because of the sighs of prisoners who used to cross it. Lunch in a restaurant in downtown Venice followed by a visit to the Ducal Palace, a Venetian Gothic masterpiece, once the seat of Government and home to the Doge. Private boat transfer to Punta Sabbioni where the bus will be waiting to take you back to the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay.
3rd Day: Padua / Verona
After breakfast depart for Padua. Guided tour of the city where Saint Anthony died aged 36. We will visit the basilica where the saint’s relics are kept and later the Piazza delle Signorie, the Region Palace and the Caffé Pedrocchi- a favourite meeting place for students and intellectuals. Lunch in the hotel and departure for Verona. A local tour guide will lead us through this beautiful medieval city to see the Basilica of Saint Zeno, the Arena, the old Scaligeri Castle and its bridge and last but not least the picturesque Piazza delle Erbe which leads to the house of Juliet, the character made famous by the Shakespearian play ‘Romeo and Juliet’. (outside view), the Arenes, the Old Castle and the Ponte degli Scaliger. Back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
4th Day: The Islands of the Lagoon
Depart hotel for a full day excursion to the Venetian Islands. We will begin with the visit of Murano, world known for its glass blowers that we will see in action. We will also admire some of their art piece. Then visit of Burano, also known as ‘Fisherman’s Island. We will stroll around this quaint colourful little village, watching the women sewing and observing local life. Lunch on the island. In the afternoon we will continue our tour with a visit to the smallest island, Torcello, rich in art and history. On the island we will visit the Basilica of Santa Fosca and the cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta where you can admire one of the most beautiful Byzantine mosaics ever created. Back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
5th Day: Vicenza
After breakfast depart for Vicenza. With our tour guide we will visit Piazza dei Signori, considered to be the political heart of the city, the Olympic Theatre – one of the most impressive monuments of this town, Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza Matteotti, the oldest square in Vicenza. We will then visit Corso Palladio – a street adorned with beautiful palaces, the church of Santa Corona which houses the ‘Baptism of Christ’ by Bellini. Lunch downtown and free afternoon to stroll around enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of this city. In the evening back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
6th Day: Departure
Breakfast at the hotel and departure. End of our services.
- full board starting with dinner on the 1st day and ending with breakfast on the 6th day
- 3 Star hotel accommodation at Lido di Jesolo or Sottomarina, rooms with private services (classification of hotel according to the Italian standard)
- welcome drink on arrival in Jesolo
- entry tax for the boat trip to the city of Lido di Jesolo and
Venice on the 2nd day
- private boat round trip Punta Sabbioni/Saint Marco Square on the 2nd day
- full day guided tour of Venice (2 hours in the morning + 2
hours in the afternoon) on the 2nd day
- half day guided tour of Padua (2 hours) on the 3rd day
- half day guided tour of Verona (2 hours) on the 3rd day
- private boat for the full day excursion to the islands on the 4th day
- full day tour escort service for the excursion to the islands (total 8 hours) on the 4th day
- entry tax for the boat trip to the city of Lido di Jesolo on the 4th day
- half day guided tour of Vicenza (3 hours) on the 5th day
- a personalized booklet with all relevant information necessary for your stay
- our assistance throughout the whole stay
- all services specified in the above program
- entry fees to the sites
- bus entry tax to the cities of art
- all services not specified in the above program
Upon request 4 star hotel