1st Day: Naples
Arrival at Naples airport and transfer to the port. Your luggage will be brought directly to the hotel. Boat trip to Ischia from Naples and transfer to your hotel by mini bus. Accommodation in a hotel with swimming pool. In the afternoon arrangements can be made for a tour of the area, or you can relax in one of the many spas which attract tourists from all over the world. In the late afternoon, you will meet with your tour escort who will provide you with all the necessary information to make the most of your stay in Ischia. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
2nd Day: Fond d’Oglio – Bois de la Maddalena – Cretaio – Fond Ferraio – Fiaiano – Pilastri
After breakfast, depart from the hotel for Fondo d’Oglio, an ancient volcanic crater and starting point for our excursion. We will start with a mild walk, uphill (about 25mins) through woods, to discover a magnificent view of the port of Ischia and its picturesque bay. Our walk continues along the coastline, which slopes down to the Crater of Fondo Ferraio near the town of Fiaino, close to Barono, where you will experience another wonderful view, this time of eastern Ischia, the Aragonese Castle and Campagnano. Free time and break for lunch. After lunch we will begin our walk, uphill, to the area of Pilastri, where our bus will be waiting to take us back to the hotel. Dinner at the hotel and overnight stay.
3rd Day: Promenade Zaro – San Montano
After breakfast, you are free for the morning to explore Ischia on your own and taste the delights of the locally produced specialities. In the afternoon we will have a wonderful walk through a wooded area to reach two spectacular gems of the Mediterranean – Punto Caruso e Zaro where we can visit the luxurious gardens of Villa Mortella (optional). Finally we will proceed to Baia di San Montano, and after a short break for a nice glass of wine and some bruschetta (optional), we will return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
4th Day: Campagnano – Piano Liguri – Torri
After breakfast we depart by mini bus for the area of Vatoliere on the outskirts of Maronti beach, and later take an easy walk, crossing a small street to arrive at the church of Madonna di Montevergine, a small beautiful church in Schiappone. Continuing on through a chestnut wood, which will provide welcome shade, we will arrive at the foot of a mountain where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the sea.
Lunch in a local restaurant of delicious local delicacies (optional). In the afternoon we will take an easy stroll through the lush countryside, and to our right, experience another breathtaking view of the Bay of Naples beneath Vesuvius. Along the way we will meet the locals who will invite us for a glass of local wine and a special rendition of the famous “O’ Sole Mio”! We arrive finally in Campagnano where we will end our perfect day and where the bus will be waiting to take us back to the hotel. Dinner at the hotel and overnight stay.
5th Day: Mount Epomeo
After breakfast depart for Fontana, a small village in the Serrara Fontana region, and the starting point for today’s excursion to the base of Mt. Epomeo, the highest mountain on the island (789mts.). We will start our walk along the road which leads to Cretao, continuing uphill through a dense woodland of chestnut trees to arrive at the spring of Buceto, one of the many powerful water springs of Ischia.
After tasting the clear fresh water directly from the mountain spring, we will continue through the woods arriving at Piano di San Paolo. Here we will find a small resting area with a restaurant where we can have a meal of excellent bruschetta, spaghetti with fresh tomatoes, washed down with a chilled white wine (optional). After lunch we continue on to the summit where we will experience an amazing view of all the islands and the Bay of Naples. We will then begin our descent through more chestnut woods, towards Serrana, where we will also see Sant’ Angelo d’ Ischia. Return by mini bus to the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay.
6th Day: Naples
After breakfast, transfer by bus to the port and boat trip from Ischia to Naples. Transfer by bus to the airport where your luggage will be waiting. End of our services.
- half board starting with dinner on the 1st day; ending with breakfast on the 6th day
- 3 stars hotel accommodation; room with private services (classification of hotel according to Italian standard)
- transfer from the airport in Naples to the Hotel in Ischia A/R on the 1st day and the 6th day (luggage transfer included)
- boat trip from Naples to Ischia and return on the 1st day and on the 6th day
- transfer for each excursion from the hotel to the meeting point (from the 2nd to the 5th day included)
- full day guided tour of Fondo d’Oglio, Fondo Ferraio, Fiaiano et Pilastri on the 2nd day
- half day guided tour of Zaro e San Montano on the 3rd day
- full day guided tour of Campagnano, Piano Liguori and Torri on the 4th day
- full day guided tour of Mount Epomeo on the 5th day
- a personalized booklet containing all the relevant information for your stay
- our services throughout the whole stay
- all services specified in the above program
- entrance fee to the Mortella Gardens on the 3rd day
- other transfers not specified
- lunches and tasting of local products (see supplements)
- all services not specified in the above program
Depending on the season and on the timetable, the excursions may be replaced by others (at the discretion of the guide) and the client will be duly advised.