1st Day : Florence
Arrival at Florence airport, where a hostess will assist you during the transfer in private car to your 4* hotel located in the city centre. In the afternoon, guided visit of the city, considered a real “open air museum”, the most prestigious representative of the Renaissance and ancient capital city of the Medici family.
Here you will discover Santa Maria del Fiore Square, where you can admire the cathedral with its high dome realized by Brunelleschi, Giotto’s Bell Tower and the Baptistery of S. John the Baptist, with its bronze doors. Then, visit to the most famous and ancient bridge of the city, Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge) with its jewellery shops. Finally you will reach Piazza della Signoria, vibrant heart of the city, dominated by Palazzo Vecchio (Old Palace). Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
2nd Day: Chianti Region
Breakfast at the hotel and departure by a wonderful vintage car. Today you will discover the beautiful Chianti region. With a local guide you will start with the visit of Castellina in Chianti. From Etruscan to Middle Ages the town shows many historical evidences. As a matter of curiosity, the celebre writer and singer Leo Ferré died here. For lunchtime, you will visit a vineyard to discover this enchanting region and the way wine, grappa and Vin Santo are made. A Tuscan dishes tasting will follow. (optional). In the afternoon you will reach San Gimignano, a medieval town surrounded by walls with 72 towers, built in the Middle Ages according to the willing of local aristocrat families who wanted to compete with the height of “Torre del Comune” (Communal Tower). Visit of the town which preserves the ancient Italian Middle Ages atmosphere. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
3rd Day: Uffizi Gallery
Breakfast at the hotel and visit of the Uffizi Gallery with a local guide. The structure, planned by the Italian architect Vasari, once hosted the administrative offices of the Medici family. Today it is the most important and rich museum of Italian art in general and Florentine art in particular, offering to the visitors magnificent examples of Italian Renaissance painting: “the Annunciation” by Leonardo da Vinci, “the Holy Family” by Michelangelo, “Allegory of Spring” by Botticelli and many other work of arts realized by artists such as Raphael, Tiziano e Caravaggio. Free time for lunch. In the afternoon you can choose: free time in Florence or a shopping tour with a personal shopper (optional) to discover the boutiques preferred by local people, far from tourists’attention (clothing, local crafts..). Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
4th Day: Departure
After breakfast, transfer by private car to the airport.
- Bed & breakfast treatment in a centrally located 4* hotel, double room accommodation, Italian classification, private services
- Escort for assistance upon arrival (max 2 ore) on day 01
- Transfer in private car from Florence airport to your hotel and vice versa on day 01 and 04
- Half day guided visit of Florence (max 3 h) on day 01
- Full day guided visit of Chianti region (max 6 h) on day 02
-Vintage car at your disposal on day 02
- Half day guided visit of Uffizi Gallery (max 3 h) on day 03
- reservation and entrance fee for Uffizi Gallery on day 03
- A personalized booklet with all necessary information about your stay
- Assistance during the entire stay
- All services mentioned in the programme
- Meals and drinks
- Tuscan dishes tasting/lunch in a vineyard on day 02
- Half day tour with personal shopper on day 03
- City tax to be paid on spot
- All services not included in the programme