1st Day: Arrive in Naples
Arrival at Naples international airport, where our tour escort will welcome and assist you for the transfer to the centre, then we depart for a sightseeing tour of the city. We will visit Castel dell’Ovo, Piazza Plebiscito with its beautiful church situated in front of the Royal Palace and surrounded by eight statues of the Kings of the Neapolitan Kingdom.
Piazza Plebiscito is also the home of the National Library which contains an extraordinary collection of more than one million and half books and other volumes uncovered in Ercolano.
We will then visit the Theatre of San Carlo, the second largest theatre in Italy, the Umberto Gallery and the New Castle. This last monument, dating back to the 12th century, provides a beautiful view of the Bay of Naples and today houses government offices. Accommodation in a hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
2nd Day: Bella Napoli
After breakfast we will spend the first part of the day discovering this beautiful city known renowned throughout the world for its historical treasures, its active volcano of Mount Vesuvius and for its friendly inhabitants.
We will reach Piazza del Gesù, with its large baroque church built between1584 and 1601.
This church is particulary known for its unusual façade of carved diamond shaped stone.
We will then visit the gothic style Convent of Santa Chiara(1310/1328), the church of Saint Domenico commissioned by King Carlo d’Angiò,( 1283/1324) also built in the gothic style.
The internal plan of Saint Domenico is latin in style, cross shaped with three naves and its restored details are neo-gothic in style. In the sacristy, we can also view the splendid frescoes of Solimena. We will then visit the chapel of San Severo, with its many statues, among which is the very famous ‘ Veiled Christ’a sculptural masterpiece of the 18th century.
Lunch in a typical restaurant to taste the famous Neapolitan pizza.
In the afternoon we will visit the Archaeological Museum, one of the most famous museums in the world, built at the end of the 18th century. This museum houses a large collection of artefacts from Greek-Roman civilization, from Farnesi, from the archeological excavations of Pompei, Ercolano and Stabia creating one of the most prestigious collections in the world. Here we will admire artefacts from the excavations of Pompei and Herculaneum. In the evening return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
3rd Day: Departure
Depart hotel to continue our tour of Naples. Together with a local guide we will visit the Museum of Capodimonte, a majestic building in the centre of the park and surrounded by the hill of Capodimonte. Here we can peruse the royal collection of paintings by Masaccio, Botticelli, Bellini, Tiziano and Caravaggio, and a large collection of rare artefacts. This magnificent collection was inherited by Madre Elisabetta Farnese.
Lunch in downtown Naples and transfer to the airport. End of our services.
- full board starting with dinner on the 1st day and ending with lunch on the 3rd day
- 4 Star hotel accommodation – Naples area , rooms with private services (classification of hotel according to the Italian standard)
- bus services according to the above program
- tour escort for the transfer from the airport to the centre (2 hours)on the 1st day
- half day guided tour of Naples (3 hours) on the 1st day
- full day guided tour of Naples (6 hours total) on the 2nd day
- half day guided tour of Naples (3 hours total) on the 3rd day
- ticket reservation and entry fee to the National Museum on the 2nd day
- a personalized booklet containing all the relevant information for your stay
- our services throughout the whole stay
- all the services specified in the above program
- entry fees to the sites
- all services not specified in the above program
Cloister of S. Chiara
Chapel of S. Severo
Museum of Capodimonte
Possibility to add a supplementary day
3 star hotel in the Naples area costs are also available